Are you sure that your DBMS is properly configured to guarantee optimal query performance, ensure data integrity and enforce proper security? ensquad can help with these and more.
We can help to properly configure and tweak the DBMS settings to best accommodate your business requirements. Data is one of the most important assets of a company and one of its critical components, are you sure to have a proper backup strategy? When was the last time a backup was made? Which data was backed up? How long will it take to restore data? It’s also very important that every user is managed correctly ensuring proper role assignment and making sure to limit unwanted actions.
Are your queries taking long to execute? There are several ways of coding a query to retrieve the same set of data, but some ways will result in much more overhead than others. Even efficiently written queries can benefit from further optimisation to reduce retrieval time. ensquad can help with identifying query bottlenecks, improving SQL code and setting up mechanisms to enhance query performance.
Can you afford any downtimes? For sure the answer is NO. At ensquad we help you aim for a DBMS that is 99.99% available which can be achieved through various techniques such as clustering.
While we will typically work with you to tailor the training to your needs, some key topics may include:
- DBMS installation and configuration – Identification of hardware and software requirements before installing a DBMS. Identifying the appropriate configuration both at instance and database level for a given database. Updating an existing DBMS installation
- Database backup and restore – Different types of backups available and identifying the most suited one for any given situation. The process of backing up a database. Restoring databases from existing backups.
- Security and user administration – Ensuring correct security measures at an instance level. Making sure users are given appropriate roles and rights.
- Indexes and performance – Different types of indexes and their purpose. Identifying the need for an index. Implementing and maintaining indexes. Analysis performance after index creation.
- Query optimisation – Analysing existing queries execution plans, and identifying potential improvement.
- High Availability – Ensuring that a database is available 99.999% of the time using various techniques such as replication and clustering.